Click on all these pictures to make them bigger!
This is a big horse.
This is a big horse.
Look at that horse.
The bushy tail, the big teeth, the hooves.
Okay, my producer Kate is telling me this isn't a horse, in fact it's a bat.
Some odd looking duck.
WALLABYS!
Emu
I really wanted to push this wallaby into the water. He was teetering and seemed like he was going to fall in a bunch of times. That'd be mean, but so funny too.
The above pictures are where we stopped off for tea in some small fishing town. They had a petting zoo type thing there. Wallaby's are so soft!
On the road to Phillip Island and the Penguin Parade. You can see the Island in the distance there.
"Don't play grab ass with the koalas.
Don't shout at the koalas.
Don't shake the koalas out of trees.
Don't roll the koalas into cigarettes and smoke them."
There's a koala up in this tree, but since I had to only use my phone camera, you can't really tell, but he's up there...
These next few ones are closer. It was apparently very odd that these two (old) males would be sleeping in the same tree, and so close to one another, since they usually have a tree for themselves as their territory. Man, did I want to play grab ass with these koalas.
This was a pretty bird and made pretty sounds, but since you can't really tell, take my word for it.
On the pier at Phillip Island in the town of Cowes.
The tour bus driver was amazed at the fact that an oil rig was so close off shore. I guess it's not a common occurrence for this to happen. They were apparently tugging it in for repairs of some sort.
The kids in this picture were running down a steep hill, and then jumping off a 3 foot cliff and landing hard in the sand. It was pretty funny to watch them faceplant and stuff. I missed being a kid at that moment. You can kind of see a little girl in mid-jump.
On to the Penguin Parade, and the cliffs of Bass Strait. I felt like I was in Ireland or Newfoundland, never having been to either of those places before...
Since you weren't allowed to take your cameras, or take any sort of pictures of the penguins, I had to be real stealthy and take a picture when no one was around. This is the best picture I could take of a little penguin about 3 feet from my feet. It was dark, and I was standing right in front of a light hoping that the light would be enough to capture it.
What a cute little fella, huh? I should have used my flash and ruined his little habitat.







































Hahahahahaha. Good captions.
ReplyDeleteBut no word of the day?